Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grace...




I was at a school event tonight....heard children sing Amazing Grace....glib and innocent, not knowing wretchedness, not yet knowing the evil of cognizant sin...

"GRACE: Grace is the spontaneous, unmerited gift of the divine favour in the salvation of sinners. It is understood by Christians to be the free gift of an uncaused and overflowing love─totally undeserved mercy"

I remembered an experience from my youth, at 18, separated and estranged from my family, (by my own stupidity), and finding myself in a church service, high in the balcony, hearing Amazing Grace as if for the first time. The first time it struck me....as relevant.

I long for a bit of grace.

The song only reminded me of it tonight, not delivered it. Tonight the eve of a day I did something mean and irrevocable to someone good. Something they will never know I did, but will steal some joy from their life none the less.

My muse, now dark fury.



Psychic stalker

longs for grace

muse of dark fury

at what cant be faced

slipping down

losing my grip

accepting the welcome

of shadows embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment